According to Cheryl Fenton as featured in Select, a special edition of the Sunday Detroit Free Press, bookshelves are one design feature that is on point for interior design this spring. Here you can find a quick recap of some of the design features that are predicted to be in fashion this spring.
1. Lights- Neon rooms and lights. My twelve year old great-niece is on trend with her LED string lights lining her bedroom ceiling to wall edges. If that's a little out of your comfort zone, you can add wall signage to add color. This trend is popular with all ages.
2. Minimalism as done by the Japanese known as Japandi. This style provides comfort and simplicity by using neutral color schemes, sleek lines and unfinished woods or bamboo pieces.
3. Shelves are back. They could be built-ins, open shelving or floating shelves.
4. Separate spaces- People want defined spaces now instead of open floor plans. If you have an open floor plan, you can use creative ways to make separate spaces with furnishings used as dividers or actual room dividers.
5. Trend setter- you can become a trend setter by creating your own unique style by using your imagination.
-Natasha Hughes Smith